Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: sublet allowance question: is landlord trying to rip me off?

Posted by New York Tenant on June 10, 2001 at 18:21:39:

In Reply to: vacancy (sublet) allowance question- is landlord trying to rip me off? posted by andrew on June 08, 2001 at 10:27:13:

I don't think your landlord is trying to rip you off. I think he made the same mistake I made in my original answer.

It looks like there should be no sublet allowance (on your current rent) for the portion of the sublet period beginning June 15, 2001 and ending August 31, 2001, based on Rent Guidelines Board (RGB) Apartment and Loft Order #31 (http://tenant.net/Rent_Laws/RGBOrders/rgb31.html):

"ADDITIONAL ADJUSTMENT FOR RENT STABILIZED APARTMENTS SUBLET UNDER SECTION 2525.6 OF THE RENT STABILIZATION CODE

In the event of a sublease governed by subdivision (e) of section 2525.6 of the Rent Stabilization Code, the allowance authorized by such subdivision shall be 0%."

There would be a 10% sublet allowance (on the increased rent in your renewal lease commencing September 1, 2001) for the portion of the sublet beginning September 1, 2001 and ending February 28, 2002, based on Rent Guidelines Board Order #32 (http://tenant.net/Rent_Laws/RGBOrders/rgb32.html):

"ADDITIONAL ADJUSTMENT FOR RENT STABILIZED APARTMENTS SUBLET UNDER SECTION 2525.6 OF THE RENT STABILIZATION CODE

In the event of a sublease governed by subdivision (e) of section 2525.6 of the Rent Stabilization Code, the allowance authorized by such subdivision shall be 10%."

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name