Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: here is some help

Posted by Zepher on June 12, 2001 at 00:31:05:

In Reply to: Re: here is some help posted by nyhawk on June 11, 2001 at 23:11:47:

: An "Affadavit of Fact" -- whatever that is , never heard of it -- is NOT a certified copy of a deed. Zepher's advice about trying to buy the place is a good one, the rest of his/her "advice" is crap.

"Hawk", please elaborate exactly which part of my "advice" you find to be "crap". I urged her to consider her housing options quickly and to focus of legally relevant factors, not irrelevant ones like her own marital status or how many kids she has. Tell me, is there one set of laws for people with children and another for those without ? Do judges ask and consider a defendant's marital status in making decisions ?

Subjective factors such as those are not relevant in the eyes of the law. Good lawyers know this and help their clients face the relevant issues. Mediocre lawyers chase ambulances and Legal Aid to drum up "desperate" clients whom they hope jurors or judges will take pity on.

I'm sure the bank's attorney knows to bring a deed to the eviction hearing. What would you ask her to bring - her kids and a sob story ?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name