Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Wait and see.

Posted by Common sense on June 13, 2001 at 15:26:01:

In Reply to: Re: rent check not cashed - need more info posted by Ace on June 13, 2001 at 12:14:24:

Some landlords collect renters checks and deposit them at the same time. Others cash'em as soon as you give it to them. If your landlord doesn't have it in for you then give them a call. Your call may answer all your questions without worrying so much.

NOW if your landlord does have it in for you... Then keep a record of all your notices and letters to and from your landlord, to include rent mailing dates. Personal checks are the best way to go, because you can cancel a check if it gets lost and the money stays in your account until it is cashed; not to mention a bank recorded history of withdraws. Money orders are such a big headache.

Good luck

: Where are you located? Have you called your LL to find out why? Are you SURE your LL received your rent check?

: : I sent my landlord a check may 1st and it still has not been cashed ( today june 10 ) Is there any limit on how long I must make those funds available?

: : thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name