Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index


Posted by New York Tenant on June 15, 2001 at 10:33:07:

In Reply to: Re: NO LL RESPONSE TO OVERCHARGE posted by snorkel on June 14, 2001 at 12:38:33:

If you want to start an action or proceeding against your landlord, you don't go to Housing Court. You bring the litigation in Civil Court (less than $25,000) or Supreme Court ($25,000 or more).

nyhawk gave you good adice in his message "do not put rent money in escrow":
: Some say to let the LL take me to court, others say I should start the proceeding immediatly. I don't know which is correct now. I certainly don't want to ruin my credit over a scumbag LL, but I do want to do this correctly. How do I start housing court proceedings? Should I hire a lawyer to guide me through this? Now I'm totally confused and I thought I was doing everything correctly. aaarg.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name