Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Sue them in small claims court

Posted by BONSAI on June 24, 2001 at 22:35:43:

In Reply to: Problem with returning deposit posted by susana on June 24, 2001 at 22:16:07:

If you've already requested that the deposit be returned and it was not, then you're only option if you want to take it further is to sue. Bring in any evidence (a move out checklist ? Photos ?) that might support your position that you left the place clean and in good shape, as well as your original contract. Without evidence it turns into a case of "he said--she said".

: I subleased an apartment for 2 month, with no contract. The person I subleased from doesn't want to return my deposit, alleging I left the house uncleaned, but it was much more cleaner than when I moved there.
: Does anybody know about some way to get my deposit($1200) back?

: Thank you,

: Susana

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name