Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Does your advice apply to NON-RENT STABILIZED/CONTROLED aprtments?

Posted by Lilly on June 27, 2001 at 02:25:53:

In Reply to: Does your advice apply to NON-RENT STABILIZED/CONTROLED aprtments? posted by chris davis on June 26, 2001 at 10:28:46:

LL is trying to get out of giving you a lease-wants you as a month-to-month tenant, which means, 30 days notice and he can raise the rent or start to evict you. I think a really cool idea is(and this is what I would do): Send certified mail to LL stating dates you have contacted him(phone, letter), that you have not received your fully executed copy of the lease you signed on (date)____which commenced on ___ and ends on ___.
Hey, how soon do you want to move? It's already the end of the month.
State in letter that you expect this lease delivered to you no later than July 10, 01. If LL does not deliver a duly executed copy of lease to you by the 10th, then it is agreed that the lease is null and void, and LL hereby agrees that you are a month to month tenant. Then before the last day of July send LL 30 day notice to terminate month to month tenancy. This notice should be dated the last day of July effective thru the end of August.
That will force his hand-you'll be taking charge of your situation. If you don't get the lease by the 10th, you'll know that you can give 30-days notice and walk away. Just be sure to send this letter certified mail, return receipt and FedEx.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name