Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Thanks everybody....

Posted by Renee on June 27, 2001 at 05:06:56:

In Reply to: Re: Thanks everybody.... posted by Lilly on June 27, 2001 at 03:44:58:

If you really are a Landlord (which I doubt), I must say that you are the bottom of the barrel. As a Landlord, I have prospered as a result of a good relationship of many years standing with tenants whom I respect and appreciate. I may not have as many rentals as some, but I can make a comfortable living without hurting other human beings. We are not adversaries. We work together for the benefit of both. I have never once had a tenant call with a complaint in 16 years that I didn't have someone there within 24 hours to address the problem. I have stood by my tenants through the births of their children, the deaths of loved ones, losses of jobs, spouses. I have called local churches to find someone to assist them when their financial house of cards came tumbling down, even given the name of lenders that I thought might help them finance their first home. I respect that this place where they live is their HOME and try to put myself in their position.

I'll tell you why I think you are not a Landlord, but a muckraker - because you seem to have no concept of what being a landlord is all about. You have a one sided view. You must be a person that wants to incite someone on this board to restrict landlords from access. You have always been a tenant and never a landlord. I have been both.

I know that there are many slumlords out there, and yes there may be evil ones in our ranks as well. However, someone as morally bankrupt as you portray yourself to be would not last 5 minutes in the business. People skills are 50% of the business. Whether Landlord or tenant - I do agree - you are evil.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name