Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

rent stabilzed building, rent stablized lease not given.. Can I sublet?

Posted by Jeff Kramer on July 09, 2001 at 10:14:57:

I have been offered the opportunity to sublet an apt in a rent stabilized building where the tenant initially had a dispute with the landlord & did not receive a rent stabilized lease, but they did receive a signed stipulation allowing them to occupy for x years..

My question is would I have at least the same rights as the current tenant, as I have been advised that the landlord has violated the c of o of the building by trying to rent a stabilized apt as a non- rent stabilized apt.

thank you

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name