Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Noise

Posted by Maria on July 09, 2001 at 11:02:36:

I've read everything I can about noise on this board but my situation doesn't appear anywhere. What can I do (if anything) about noise being generated by the landlord and his family IN THE NEXT BUILDING (not my building)? My landlord says she can't do anything. I've tried talking to these people, and eventually yelling (I've been living with this for 3 years)and my patience is gone. Basically, this family lives outside and the noise starts every day around 7 am and can last, with few breaks, at least until 9 pm sometimes until midnight. They are the first thing I hear every morning and the last thing I hear before I try to sleep at night. My sleep is disturbed, I can't work at home any more, it's impossible to watch TV or talk on the phone. The noise includes yelling, basketball playing, as many as 8 screaming kids right outside my window. (I purposely live in the back of the building to be away from the street noise!) This even happens when it's raining. The neighborhood is perfectly quiet, except for this one family. Please help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name