Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Notice to Vacate

Posted by Dayann on July 14, 2001 at 18:29:03:

In Reply to: Re: Notice to Vacate posted by Ace on July 11, 2001 at 17:01:13:

If you have a receipt or cancelled check or written statement of some kind from the LL proving that you issued a security deposit to the LL and how much it was, and you can also prove that no damage was done to the apartment, you get your security deposit back, and if you don't you can go to small claims court to get it back with interest.

If you have the above type of documentation and you end up staying there with the new LL"s permisson (see my earlier post on what some options might be), then your old LL is supposed to give your security deposit to the new owner of the property.

Ace is right churches and schools are good places to look for apts. Maybe you can put a notice on the bulletin boards or in the church newsletter, or make a flyer stating that you are looking for an apt., how much you can pay, etc., and post it in the neighborhood. You can put it in laundromats, grocery stores, etc., but the BEST place to put a flyer looking for a new place to stay is any place where a homeowner might go to buy renovation supplies, for example, a hardware or paint store, or your local Home Depot or something. Sometimes, you can post an "apt wanted" ad in your local community newspaper for free or at low cost. HPD has apartment listings, too. Check for the number to call for city apartment listings.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name