Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

LL didn't register rent for my rent stabilized apt....

Posted by Hyath on July 16, 2001 at 18:38:15:

I just went to the DHCR to get a rent history for my apt, and found that the last time she registered the tenants and the rent was in year 1996. And the rent that I am paying exeeds for about $400.

I want to now if I want to complaint for an overcharge case what is the best choice to go for. From the Met council, I was provided an contact number of an attorney who deals w/ such cases, but from the "Good Ole Lower East Side", she told me to file a complaint w/ DHCR.

I fear that I will be too much consuming time and energy with the case, since I am a student.

I think I am also in a illusory sublet case since I have been paying directly to the landlord from the time I moved in here. But I don't have an intention to become the prime tenant and will be moving out if the sublet lease expires. I just wonder if this has to be brought up together w/ the overcharge case or not.

Waiting for good advice...


Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name