Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Help with PAR at DHCR

Posted by me on July 17, 2001 at 14:58:47:

In Reply to: Re: Help with PAR at DHCR posted by New York Tenant on July 16, 2001 at 14:56:42:

: I think you would have been better off -- and may still be better off -- bringing an H.P. proceeding in housing court. A PAR will take a long time, while you're still stuck with a defective toilet.

That is true. But what if the court decides that the DHCR has jurisdiction? Also you can do a PAR without a lawyer but need a lawyer for the HP action.

In a PAR you basically have to state very clearly and unemotionally what the issues are, and how the hearing examiner screwed up. Attach copies of ALL relevent documents, including whatever original documents from the underlying case you may need.

Failing an inspection is not the end of the world, if the inspection did not address your problems with the toilet.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name