Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: services by Super

Posted by Ace on July 18, 2001 at 11:23:27:

In Reply to: services by Super posted by Christina Cerroni on July 18, 2001 at 08:50:49:

When you went to look at the apartment and looked over the lease before you signed it, did you go over any of this with your Landlord? Your super may only be responsible for certain things, like just keeping the building lobby and hallways clean and taking out the garbage (mine does only this). Check your lease for anything regarding the issues you mentioned. If unsure or unclear, call your landlord and ask for a written list from the landlord stating EXACTLY what the super is responsible for, and especially for tenants' apartments.

The hallways leading to your apartment are not part of your lease as they are outside your apartment and you are not paying for them.

In the end my advice is contact your landlord.

: I am renting a brownstone apartment in Brooklyn, NY and have some questions about what services I can expect from my super/landlord and what can be done if I do not recieve them.

: I have a list of things that need to be done, I have asked my super to schedule them in and he always comes back to me with some reason why he can't. here is the list:

: spraying for roaches
: painting the hallway (which is horrible)

: Because he always "refuses" or defuses my requests I feel as if I can not bring up the other maintenance issues I have with the apartment.

: I also know that my outlets are not up to code. I have some electrical outlets with ground and others without. As a result I have extension cords all over the place. They are also not spaced correctly on my wall.

: any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name