Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

hawk's response

Posted by nyhawk on July 23, 2001 at 22:49:41:

In Reply to: Re: CAB/pre-1984 rent stabilization records posted by alex on July 23, 2001 at 15:20:13:

: yes, the best way to request old records (or any records) is by a FOIL request ....simple state the request for records is being made per the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) and PLEASE send request per certified mail return receipt requested.........this establishes receipt and its date.........also, PLEASE remember to ask for certified copies of records so that they will be admissible in court.......DHCR is actually pretty good with FOIL requests........they will first send a computer generated receipt and then the records you requested or a statement that no such records could be found...........good luck

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name