Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Overcharge rules in Housing Court

Posted by Flash on July 27, 2001 at 11:42:29:

Looking at taking my landlord to Housing Court on an overcharge issue. According to the figures, he had to have done over 60,000 dollars in work on my unit to raise the rent to current "non-stabilized" level just over 2000. No Way. I repeat. No Way. My guess is he didn't do more than 15-20,000, and I could have a professional contractor come in to give me estimates on all the work that was done. Can I use this as evidence in Housing Court? Reason is, that my landlord owns many buildings in the Upper West Side, and could definitely show 60,000 of receipts as proof...but they won't all say my apartment on I want to bring the judge something more than just "well, it doesn't LOOK like 60,000 worth of work..."

Any help appreciated...


Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name