Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: filing PAR

Posted by SamE on July 30, 2001 at 23:21:53:

In Reply to: filing PAR posted by chelsea on July 30, 2001 at 17:30:46:

: What do people recommend on the best method of filing a PAR? If it's by mail, should it be certified? Or is it really much better to take it to Gertz?

Up to you.

DHCR has to receive it by the due date: if there's plenty of time, send it anyway you get a receipt and/or tracking history. (note: the presumption in law here is that if you have proof of mailing, the law presumes that they received it, so a Certificate of Mailing would suffice. But why spend only $0.60 and have to fight this battle later? Use RRR or 2-day or overnight mail, USP, FedEx, etc)

Otherwise, take the MTA to Gertz and get the thing stamped by DHCR.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name