Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index


Posted by SamE on July 30, 2001 at 23:30:29:

In Reply to: RENTAL REGISTRATION? posted by snorkel on July 30, 2001 at 17:20:16:

It means your landlord has filed an improper registration. The form says you're to try to settle this with him before bothering DHCR.
Like, you tell him about this and he promises to send a replacement. Right.

Just file your overcharge complaint in Small Claims if the claim for paid OC is less than $3000.00 to date, Civil if >$3k but $25K. Treble damages and next months's OC payment gets added on by the court.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name