Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Ah, the good old days...

Posted by MO on August 03, 2001 at 11:29:48:

In Reply to: Re: Ah, the good old days... posted by TenantNet on August 02, 2001 at 19:15:04:

Tenantnet, thanks for your response. What I'm suggesting is organized direct actions at the most unethical, gentrifying Real Estate agencies and Landlords' offices. This is constitutionally protected activity. I've never heard about this being done in New York and most people on this board seem to be happy with the system of "rent for profit". Do you know of any group I can work with? I should say that I find working within the current political legal and political system completely useless.

: Perhaps the SF tenants take the time to develop a well-thought out strategy and plan a campaign. Mindless rhetoric can be alienating to your friends. We are all for direct action, but it takes a lot of organizing, not just shouting. Part of the problem is that NY tenants are somewhat co-opted/controlled by groups that do the bidding of the Democratic Party (that's not a typo) which is all for the status quo and in bed with landlords and developers as much as the Republicans.

: : Lilly, what you say is true. My point in posting this is to demonstrate the militancy of the SF tenants as opposed to New York. Whenever I post here suggesting real action I get responses from bourgeois boons and am sometimes censored by the moderator. the legal system is bought be Real Estate interests so why don't we take direct action to end extortion? See my post Housing Action Now in June's archives.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name