Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Misinformation on this board --beware!!!

Posted by tenantperson on August 07, 2001 at 01:46:07:

In Reply to: Re: Misinformation on this board --beware!!! posted by Ace on August 06, 2001 at 15:26:42:

: In the email chain you ask others to look at from this past June, no one claimed or posed or posted as an attorney. As in any case, there are particulars involved that are unique in each and every case which determines the outcome, as a poster here answering you just mentioned, and that's very true.

No, but the person who gave the answer was so dogmatic about it that I -- almost -- relied upon it and ALMOST accepted the higher rent! That would have cost me thousands of dollars in just the next few years alone. I just happened to check back with the board and saw the other answers.

People should be careful not to give people advice unless they are on firm ground. Unless you are positive, say "you think so" or "are not sure"--no harm in that.

In this case, you have an appellate term decision that has been, I believe, very widely misinterpreted. If you actually read the decision, and someone -- thank God-- posted it here, you see that it was very narrowly worded. Also the DHCR will back the tenants on this issue.

I was almost misled and I will bet the person who asked the original question WAS misled, by a well-intentioned but WRONG answer.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name