Posted by me on August 07, 2001 at 17:38:15:
In Reply to: An insulting reply--and just plain wrong posted by callie on August 07, 2001 at 16:07:59:
And while we're on the subject adding someone to a stabilized lease will not cause the rent to increase at all. It's perfectly within your right to do so and unless everyone named on the lease moves out there is no vacancy increase.
: First this person asked a valid question and did not deserve such a snippy and insulting response. Secondly you are just plain wrong. 99.9% of the time, tenants get keys that can be copied. In the other 0.1% of the time, tenants can and should get copies of keys. What if they have a cleaning person who needs access to the apt. while the person is away. What if the first key is misplaced? Or what if there is a house-sitter?
: There are many very valid reasons to have more than one copy of a key.
: : Only named person(s) on lease are entitled to keys. Your request is a bit ridiculous. You wish to have it for the sole purpose of having friends/family come over, which creates a safety issue for other tenants and liability to the landlord should something happen. If you want people to freely come and go as they please, buy your own house. You can't subject others to liability for your mere convenience.
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup