Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Cockroaches...my responsibility or LLs?

Posted by Dee on August 07, 2001 at 20:07:34:

In Reply to: Cockroaches...my responsibility or LLs? posted by Wayne on August 07, 2001 at 00:03:45:

: I guess it's due to the hot weather, but I'm seeing and killing an average of 3 cockroaches a day. My LL already does routine exterminations every other saturday, but I informed her that I didn't want her spraying in my bedroom, which is exactly where I'm starting to see the pests. Am I legally entitled to extermination products for use in my own use at the LL's expense?

I know how you feel: I don't let them spray anywhere but the bath and kitchen: the fumes make me sick.

But I don't have roaches, now. You may know that roaches live mostly outside of our apartments, in the walls and the floors, and visit us through cracks in them. Buy that gel, it really really works, and but a bead of it along the baseboard and in the closet. Also: fill in those little holes where the phone and cable lines come in. The gel is pricey, but works better than anything else $5-10. Spackle for the holes is $3. Roaches are technically the landlord's job BUT yours is doing more than any other landlord I've ever heard of. And you won't let her spray in your bedroom, so you've made it your job there.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name