Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord trying to force me out

Posted by Shelia on August 17, 2001 at 17:27:58:

I currently live in Brooklyn. I signed a year lease with my landlord and an A/C came with the lease. The situation has been extremely childish. She continues to bang on my door loudly at 1am in the morning, she makes comments about when am I going to leave her builind even though my lease is over in November. She recently removed the A/C unit without my knowledge in the apartment. I then proceeded to purchase a new one after I requested for the old A/C to be returned. I deducted the amount for the A/C from that month's rent. I had to call NYPD becuase she turned off the electricity when it was getting installed. She then continues to say that I owe her rent that month even though she excepted the amount that was lesser amount.

After another incident of the landorld and her daughter following me down the block, the police took the report for her. Now she has again turned off my electrictity. I called the police and she says that an electrician is coming to do work in her apartment, but why is my electricity turned off? I have been without electricty for the whole day and I do work from home...What rights do I have? Everytime I call the police they take a report in her favor. When I go down to landlord/tenant court they tell me that she has to file in court. She has been repeatedly asking me to leave even though my lease isn't up. I am uncomfortable living there and I am looking for a place to move to but what can I do until then?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name