Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

No Gas in my apartment line, elevator issues, no working buzzer

Posted by Tramar on August 21, 2001 at 20:06:18:

Hi. I recently settled with my landlord to move to another apartment. However, the apartment does not have gas. He said that I can pay half rent until the gas comes on. This has been two months and my apartment line is out. My neighbors below and above me do not have gas as well.

Now, I can only stand not having gas for so long. What should I do at this point? The super keeps telling me that he will come up to add something to the gas line but never keeps his appointment. The super told me last week that the landlord wanted him to break into my apartment while I wasn't there because he was going to get locked up if there was no progress in the gas repair. Con Edison cut out the whole line because the landlord did something sneaky and it caused the gas to be knocked out.

All the other miscellaneous things include non-working buzzer, elevator is inefficient, garbage all over the place and more. Please help! Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name