Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Help with deposit amount....

Posted by Provost on August 22, 2001 at 18:43:46:

In Reply to: Help with deposit amount.... posted by CaliSurfer on August 22, 2001 at 11:58:35:

In most areas there is no law about how much a deposit may be. And roommate arrangements can be as varied as the individual roommates want. It's up to you to consider the situation, apartment, the roommates, and decide if you want to enter into such an arrangement or not.

By the way you write it sounds like you are hesitant to enter into this arrangement. On the other hand, your roommate/landlord may be concerned about covering himself for damage to the place or unpaid rent. So consider everything and make an informed decision.

: Hi, I'm renting a room out of a 3 bedroom apartment, the guy who is leasing the place, will be one of my roommates. Anyway, he's trying to charge me more that 1 months rent for the deposit, he wants me to pay 1/3 of the total rent as my deposit, not my portion of the rent (which is smaller).....any suggestions on what to do?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name