Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Can a landlord sue a tenant again and again ?

Posted by Steve on August 25, 2001 at 02:15:37:

In Reply to: Can a landlord sue a tenant again and again ? posted by Nelson on August 24, 2001 at 02:24:04:

: My qustions are: 1. Can a landlord sue a tenant again and again over the same issue with same documents (not even a word change) after his/her case is dismissed again and again? 2. Why does a court accept again a same case that was dismissed a week ago by the same court?

It depends on how the first case was dismissed. It sounds like classic landlord legal harrassment to me. In my two+ year battle against my loftlord, he sued for the right to evict me because I had signed a commercial lease and was living there illegally. When that failed, he followed it up with another one claiming just the opposite: that I was rented the space for residential purposes only and was running a commercial business instead. Too bad for him, it wound up before the same judge. _That_ one was dismissed with extreme prejudice.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name