Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Another question about getting out of lease

Posted by bill on August 25, 2001 at 08:54:54:

Thank you Provost for answering my post yesterday. I hope I can get an answer this time as well. (By as many as possible who have thoughts)

I have mentioned to my LL the desire to get out and she is hot/cold on the idea.I have offered to pay advertising,told her I'd stay til end of Sept etc.

Actually I have two issues I'd like advice on from you fine people.

A) On the lease under :"SIGNATURES, EFFECTIVE DATE" It says the following. " the parties have entered into this this lease on the date first above stated. This lease is effective when landlord delivers to tenant(s) a copy signed by all parties." There are then designated areas for LL, tenant and witness to sign. The only signature is MINE. Can this help me get out?

B) I'd like to get out by end of Sept. I had to pay first and last months rent. Should I tell LL that she has my last month of rent already? I feel that if I pay for Sept, and we do find someone else to take this apartment..she may say she wants to keep the extra money for me breaking the lease. So this is soooo long, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name