Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: being given wrong info about the apartment before the lease was signed

Posted by dj on August 28, 2001 at 20:05:49:

In Reply to: Re: being given wrong info about the apartment before the lease was signed posted by TenantNet on August 28, 2001 at 19:52:36:

no i'm not a richard...

I was going to add 2 points.......

If it was deliberate and you do have some emails possibly you could get out of the lease.

Also you must check with the twin cities bus to see if they re routed the bus if they did and the old bus stop was right in front of the building, that would be great evidence....... Also as they do here in NYC it could be a temporary re routing, abit for 2 years on some of the Queens busses. And the managment knew about the re-routing.

Is the Bus map correct? If you relied on the bus map and the bus map goes by your house then you did your homework in researching the statements made by the manager.

You will have a fight on your hands considering it took me less then 3 minutes to locate a Twin Cities bus map

;
;
;

: DJ is incorrect (as it appears he often is -- seems like Richard is back). If there was a deliberate misrepresentation, that might be grounds for breaking a lease. You need to show that they absolutely represented transit availability. But with all things, be prepared for a fight. Consult a tenant attorney.

:
: : graduate student...emails, not seeing the apartment before signing the lease..took their word....bus stop.......hmmm internet...

: : Just a few clicks with my mouse and the bus mas for the twin cities

: : http://www.metrocouncil.org/transit/rtmap.htm

: :
: : So the final answer is: No, you have to honor your lease for the FULL term, unless you pay the penalties.

: : ;

: :
: : : Hi. I am a graudate student. I found an apartment through internet. The manager told me that there is a campus bus right in front of the building through emails. I was out of the state at that time and was unable to verify the information. But I took their words for it because it is a big company. After I signed the lease and moved in, I found out that there is no bus at all. The manager then told me that the nearest campus bus stop is about 10 to 15 minute walk away. I am in Twin Cities and do not like the idea of walking in snow for 15 minutes. However, the lease requires tenants to stay over 6 months before they can ask for a termination and still have to pay a high fine. Do I have a case to get out of the lease on the grounds that they gave me the wrong information? Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name