Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Does the landlord has the right to enter my room to present it to future tenent without my permission?

Posted by Steve on August 29, 2001 at 02:54:08:

In Reply to: Does the landlord has the right to enter my room to present it to future tenent without my permission? posted by Yang on August 27, 2001 at 15:23:54:

: I rent a room in a house. My vancant date is 09/01. But I moved most of my stuff out yesterday and I havn't got time to clean my room(some stuffs on the floor) yet. I think I have the whole week to do that. But my landlord ask me if I can clean my room today or tomorrow morning because she want to show it to other people tomorrow. I told her I can't do it today because I already have arrangement tonight, but I can do that tomorrow night. But she insisted on that and said if I didn't do it by tomorrow morning, she will gather those stuffs and put them on the corner. Does she has the right to do that?

No, she doesn't. It's still your apartment. If she wants it clean, tell her to get busy.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name