Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: trouble with landlord..no trouble

Posted by dj on August 29, 2001 at 17:15:56:

In Reply to: trouble with landlord posted by joann on August 29, 2001 at 15:36:45:

You asked for a one month extention on the lease and the landlord was kind enough to give it to you he could have charge $100 200 or more extra but he was nice and only charged you $25 more.

You cannot use the security as the last months rent without the landlords approve which you didnt have

So be prepared for the landlord to sue you for any and all damages to the apartment PLUS the late fee PLUS the lawyers fees, Plus the months rent you didnt pay, and you will have to prove otherwise....

I hope you took lots of pictures before you left.

;
;
;

: I ask4ed for a one month extension on my lease the landlord charged an extra 25$. I refused to pay that and he said he would not take a partial payment so i did not pay last month's rent. i always know that the place i live in is in better condition when i moved in. Is there any law againest landlords that do not take care of their properties. the 2 years i've lived here maintnece has never either fix or finished the work the where suppose to and im i able to use my securty for last months rent

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name