Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Annoying Neighbor

Posted by Louie on August 31, 2001 at 17:24:04:

Hi!
I am a 3 year tenant at this apt. building here in Kew Gardens, Queens. In the past month or so, my next door neighbor who happens to be a creepy looking loner, keeps complaining about me making all kinds of noise at night. In order to retaliate he bangs on the wall that separates my bedroom from his livingroom and has sometimes walked up to my door knocking hard and talking loud. He recently complained to our LL and she asked him to send a written request. I in turn contacted the landlord as well and she told me she will be looking into this. Last night while I was on my livingroom trying to get some sleep, the local police showed up at my door along with him. They told me to keep the noise down at night, but I wasn't making any noise at all. I am a person with a disability and have contacted the police myself but the tell me there's nothing they can do as long as he doesn't hurt me physically. I fear I will get evicted from my apt. Can someone tell me what to do? Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name