Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Housing Discrimination

Posted by Edward on September 08, 2001 at 15:06:07:

In Reply to: Housing Discrimination posted by Brian on September 08, 2001 at 13:21:36:

: My fiancé and I decided to purchase a Co-op apt in Queens a few months ago. The last step of our journey after securing our loan was the board interview. Soon after we sat down for the board interview, we were interrogated on our martial status (we plan to get married next May), assets (complained we would not be able to afford the apt if either one of us lose our job), and our parent’s lack of citizenship. They even complained that our parents are not citizens and could not speak English (the board requested our parents as guarantors even though our combine income is well over 140K a year). Subsequently, our application was denied and neither of us would care to live with such horrible people. We would like to know how we can go about filing a complaint or whether we have a case on our hands.

:
: Thank you so much.

I'm not a lwayer but I just want to say what you accuse the co-op board of is totally un- American. What difference does it make if your parents speak english on whether you can afford an apartment? Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name