Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

what are my rights as far as letting realtors in to show prospective buyers the aprtment

Posted by susan correnti on September 10, 2001 at 23:08:47:

i am living in new hartford ny in a two family dwelling. i have a written lease that is up in june 2002. i did write my landlord when i signed the lease and added an amendment that i may move as long as i give a thirty day notice. my problem is the realtors.....at the begining they were coing five out of seven days.......ppeople were walking around the house, looking in the windows, drving in the driveway to look in the back yard, then backing up out of the driveway. I have had the realtors call and ask if they could show, but lately they call to tell me when they are going to show. now they are showing the house two ddays a week for two hours each day. today i was greeted rather shabbily by one of the realtors and told that i was to be out of the house when they are showing it........i have three children, triplets, age 9 and the time they have selected is when they do their homework. i cannot change their routine. the realtors set up the time from four to six. i realize no time is a good time, but i need to know what my rights are. from what i can gather on the internet, i have no rights at all. what am i paying rent for....i feel as if my privacy has been invaded and my life is on public display. people come in and leave doors open wehen they were closed, pull back the shower curtains and leave it like that, just a few annoying things to make me fume.........this is my home. allso i recommended this realtor to my sister. when she called them they proceeded totalk about tenant at a certain address, which was my address..............have i the right to stop certain realtors from entering my home. they have also entered the house without my knowledge. my landlord has also entered my home without my knowledge. how do i know???seems he answered the phone in my house after the answering machine came on and voila, i have a conversation between him and his wife. i also have caller id. i taped it on my camcorder............i am stressed to the max over this and just cannot seem to get an answer......my next step is my lawyer, which i plan to copnsult in the morning....any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name