Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Can a person relocate with a new job and still get a apartment if current income is lower than the amount needed to rent?

Posted by Tara on September 11, 2001 at 10:49:56:

Hello!:)
Can a person still get a apartment if they are relocating and new job would bring in more income than current job which doesn't meet apartment community requirements? The reason I ask this is because I am trying to relocate Atlanta from Missouri and I have a apartment being held for me in Atlanta. The problem is they say they will except a job offer letter stating what my new salary will be, but I will not have the salary offer letter until after I interview for the positions. I am suppose to move at the end of next month.My interviews are at the end of this month. Is there anything I can do? Should I talk to my leasing consultant and explain to her the situation? A bookeeper in the office told me my application couldn't be processed without the letter from new employer. What can I do????? I don't want to lose the apartment because it will be months before I can get in.

Tara

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name