Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: GAY SLURS AND PHYSICAL THREATS FROM SUPER..WHAT CAN I DO

Posted by Cranky Tenant on September 30, 2001 at 00:08:44:

In Reply to: Re: GAY SLURS AND PHYSICAL THREATS FROM SUPER..WHAT CAN I DO posted by Jeremy on September 29, 2001 at 23:15:29:

I'd take it a step further and report it to the New York City Lesbian and Gay Anti Violence Project. While they don't have any enforcement power they may know whether or not he's done this before, and they may offer some other recourse. Not only is this person's behavior threatening, but it's offensive to anyone else who might have to witness it.

: I would suggest that you immediately put the whole story in writing and send it to the building owners/managers.The fact that you have given a report to the police will give them good reason to look at this supers record of tenant complaints,and if anything ever did happen it leaves them with some liability under law.
: I would further suggest that you change the lock on your door and tell the managers/owners that you refuse to hand over a copy of the key while this man may have access to it.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name