Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index


Posted by Lilly on October 02, 2001 at 13:08:05:

In Reply to: BUSTED! posted by J on October 02, 2001 at 00:13:07:

You need to come back and re-occupy your apartment. If you were charging your subtenant more than your rent (10% over that is allowed if you sublet it furnished) that would be a problem. LL must serve you with a notice to cure. I order to keep your apartment you must move back in. Move back in and you've cured the illegal sublet.
You should have notified the LL in writing of your intent to sublet, following the designated procedure as outlined in the RSC.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name