Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Buy a thermometer and call buildings dept

Posted by MikeW on October 12, 2001 at 14:23:06:

In Reply to: No heat yet, No ground on outlets, No lock on front door posted by Cosmo Brown on October 11, 2001 at 19:19:50:

The front door lock is a straight up and down violation. The electrical system may just be old and grandfathered in. As far as the heat goes, do by a thermometer, and track it yourself for a few days. If it's consistantly below the limits, call the heat complaint line.

: When most of my friends and co-workers had heat on Monday and Tuesday of this week (October 8 and 9), I did not. I was so cold the other night and another tennant that I spoke to is also very cold at night. This went on all last winter and I cannot live another winter like this.

: I read the rent code on this and my landord insists that he obeys the heat laws by maintaining a minimum of 55 degrees in the building at night, and 68 degrees during the day. But how can I check? Do I have to buy a thermonater? Even if I do, is that enough proof?

: Also, I would buy a space heater but the outlets in my apartments do not have grounds. I cannot even use ground adapters becasue the there is no screw hall on the outlet covers.

: The lock has been broke for quite some time on the front door.

: What should I do?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name