Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Reply one and two:

Posted by wane on October 13, 2001 at 03:36:59:

In Reply to: Solution 1: Get a Life posted by Provost on October 13, 2001 at 00:21:56:

Gee, you're right, if I'm not getting my money's worth as delineated by that little binding contract called a LEASE, I should run away to try again elsewhere. I guess the LAWS that have been put in place to make sure tenants get their money's worth are the windmills I'm tilting at? How dare I stay and make life miserable for my LL - who's trying to earn his living by profiting off my need to have a roof over my head - when I could break my lease; forfeit my deposit; and head out to compete with a zillion other people for overpriced crapartments, paying fees to have my credit and personal information pored over, and pay a broker and a mover and relocate away from a safe neighborhood I enjoy? You're right, I'm gonna head uptown and check into Bellevue. What was I thinking, expecting extermination? Stupid inconsiderate me, paying the rent late! Maybe that $25 can buy a new boiler, since it goes out once a month and leaves a buildingful of tenants with no hot water to shower or wash dishes or shave with. Running an apartment building is a business, and repairs and administration cost too much damn money. Laws are only interesting insomuch as they are the ones which protect the LL, and move the cash into his pockets.

Sounds like a bitter landlord to me - or even worse, a landlord attorney. Don't you have your own forums? "Get a life?" What a comeback. I'm so shattered I'm just going to give in and forget all about it.

Not.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name