Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

If you want to screw with LL...

Posted by MikeW on October 17, 2001 at 12:44:55:

In Reply to: Evicted from rent stabilized apt. posted by Paul on October 16, 2001 at 11:22:27:

Wait six months, then send a letter to the new occupant of the apartment you were forced out of. Let him know that it is very likely that he is being overcharged for the apartment, that he could likely get a rent reduction and payment for the past overcharges, and that he should see a lawyer. I would do this every six months for a couple of years, if you are so inclined.

If the LL legitimately gave the apt to his son. Your letter will get circular filed, and your out $0.34. If the LL just turned the apartment over and is re-renting it for more money, then you could cost him significant time, money, and agravation.

Of course satisfaction is the only benefit you're likely to get out of this.

: My lease was not renewed in a Brooklyn, NY apartment that is rent stabilizes because the Lanlord's son was going to move in. Because I suspected he was not really going to move in, I fought it and lost. I finally moved out on June 1of 2001 and now in the middle of October, the apartment is still not occupied and is "being renovated" as I suspected in order to jack up the rent for the new non-relative tenant. What is a resonable or fair amount of time that the owner has to have his son move in and how long must his son live in that apartment?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name