Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Neither! .....be careful

Posted by Questionable on October 17, 2001 at 13:53:48:

In Reply to: Re: Neither! .....be careful posted by no on October 16, 2001 at 22:24:23:

See i don't want to take him to court or anyhting i just want to know if he has the right to enter my apartment unannounced and when he feels like it and why cant we have the proper people come in and fix the things that need to be fixed is all im wondering i dont want to be a jerk to him i just want my privacy and i feel as though he is trustpassig by entering at will without any kind of notice.The reason i came in here was to see if anyone could help me find out the facts before i took any kind of action so thank you so much for your help!

: Dont say a word to the landlord.....be careful, get the information first, and make sure before you do anything.

: The landlord can and will evict, and cannot cut off your utilities or lock you out or throw your stuff out....call the police on him if he does.

: Remember.... This is still America, and you have a right to a fair hearing in a court of law.

:
: : Thank you so much for the information you have provided me and also thank you for the kind responce you wrote! again i thank you!!

: :
: : : It all depends....But if it is illegal, You need to go to the buildings dept and get the certificate of occupancy and see how many legal apartment s are listed........

: : : The landlord has no right to collect rent, but you cannot sue for back rent.....

: : : So if you dont pay rent he will probably have to evict you in Supreme court which could take 6 months and cost him a lot....

: : : So the landlord might just give you back all of your security and maybe some moving expenses if you were to negotiate a deal.

: : :

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name