Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I NEED SERIOUS HELP

Posted by ray on October 17, 2001 at 14:02:40:

In Reply to: I NEED SERIOUS HELP posted by Louise on October 10, 2001 at 14:51:09:

I would buy/rent/borrow a video camera, buy the newspaper to show the date as current, make copies of the video tape or make two, send one certified to the LL. Give him a reasonable amount of time to correct problem. This should motivate him. Turning off the radiator upstairs is a problem - it will continue leaking. You have to open it again. You will want to retain good records in case they try not to renew your lease cause they may see you as trouble. In which case, you can file harrssement or retalitory suit, which ever comes first in case they try to be funny. Whatever you do, make sure your rent is never late! In any case, this should fix it. If they dont, you will have proof to provide to any city agency when you make reports. This is clearly a danger to you (possible falling ceiling) and will motivate someone to take action.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name