Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: LEASE AND SALE OF HOUSE...you goofed

Posted by don on October 18, 2001 at 14:41:46:

In Reply to: LEASE AND SALE OF HOUSE posted by susan correnti on October 18, 2001 at 13:34:10:

With NO LEASE in your hands, you are a month to month tenant, UNLESS the original lease states it will atuomatically renew each year, then you should start packing.

NOW do you see the value of a signed lease?

You are a customer of the Landlord, you wouldnt give thousands of dollars to a stranger for a product without a warrantee would you? Well a lease is your warrantee on your living arrangement.

I wish we could offer support , but there is nothing you can do.

: I am currently living in a two family home, renting the downstairs apartment. my landlord recently put the house up for sale. i have a lease, but when i signed the lease i wrote the landlord a note asking that i be able to give a thirty day notice throughout the term of the lease as i had been looking for another apartment since i moved here (three years)..she never acknowledged this part of the lease that i had included until last month when i wanted to know if she had informed prospective buyers that i had a lease up until june 2002. she said i did not have a lease and that i was living here on a month to month basis. i have requested a copy of the lease, which she has not responded to yet. i am sick. i have three children and do not want to have to move in the middle of winter. i have a limited area to move to as i want to keep my children in the same school........do i have any leal rights......also i need to know my rights as a tenant and the real estate agents showing the house. it seems as if i am only paying rent to benefit the landlord. i cant sleep at night worrying about where we will have to move to. i am afraid of what i will have to move into. i am about ready to put everything in storage and live in a box..only kidding......i am sick at heart.........sue

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name