Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: roommate overcharge

Posted by Lilly on October 19, 2001 at 00:43:44:

In Reply to: Re: roommate overcharge posted by overcharged roommate on October 18, 2001 at 17:17:04:

I know DHCR can award treble damages, not sure how that works in court. You have to specifically ask for treble damages as per that particular dhcr reg.
The amount of the overcharge would be that portion of the rent that you paid that exceeded 50% of the rent, times 3.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name