Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: legal advice

Posted by elsieb on October 19, 2001 at 17:29:03:

In Reply to: legal advice posted by steve on October 19, 2001 at 11:40:21:

You really have to read your lease; some leases allow for sub-leasing like mine did when I resided in a rent stab apt. If it allows it, you're home free. You would be able to sublease thru the end of lease term and LL will not be able to prohibit you from exercising this right. If it prohibits subleasing, then you know the answer. My lease also indicated a 60 day notice for early termination. Does yours? Whatever # of days it states, send it via certified letter as proof of you having given him notice. If it doesnt allow for early termination, then you are utimately responsible to continue paying rent or he can probably sue you for monies. You can probably answer all of your own questions, by reading your lease. Most people dont read their leases before or after they sign them which is a huge mistake. You ultimately may not need any favors from him if yours is a standard lease which already outlines all this issues.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name