Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: New Refrigerator

Posted by TenantNet on October 20, 2001 at 11:15:41:

In Reply to: New Refrigerator posted by Alex on October 20, 2001 at 11:03:32:

Are you rent stabilized? If so, you have a right to a working refrigerator. You can demand a "used working" refrigerator with no increase in rent. Chances are the LL didn't tell you that option if you are stabilized. If he does not have a refrigerator that is used and serviceable, then the landlord must supply you with a new refrigerator irregardless -- without a rent increase. The bottom line is that you have a right to a working refrigerator; if your old refrigerator is broken or no longer serviceable, then he must supply you with one that works. If you actually want one that's new, then that is when he can add 1/40th of the cost to your rent. If he misled you, then tell him to take it back and don't pay an increase. All this of course supposes you are stabilized.

: Hello everybody.
: I need an advice.
: I had to change my apt. refrigerator and I got a deal with my building management: the price of the new one would have been added in the new lease next May. It sounded fair to me. Now I got this letter saying I have to start paying since next month rent... what should I do?
: Thanks a lot,
: Alex

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name