Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Help I'm being targeted..!!

Posted by nancy on October 21, 2001 at 21:21:51:

I have had an ongoing problem at the apartments I'm living in. Yes I know i should leave, but these are the most decent ones where I live and im not the problem the landlords are power happy. Recently I received a 30 day notice and want to know if calling the owner of the apts will do any good. this is what ive had to put up with:
*an apt that wasnt clean from the start
*unauthorized entries from the asst manager who is a young kid
*unauthorized entries from the apt manager's husband
*pot use downstairs and not dealt with
*accused of several things that had nothing to do with me..just wanted to find a scape goat
*complained of a stray cat on my porch which they are supposed to be liable for..it darted out of the bushes, tripped my son and caused him to hurt his mouth. i have a dr note and witnesses that saw that..could they be sued for that?
*and told that I owe 100 bux for a kitten that parked itself on my porch based on the fact that i fed it and put a collar on it. i did this because they wouldnt get rid of it and ive found it hiding in my house several times. so to protect me and the kids from fleas i got it a flea collar and put deworming meds in food for it to rid it of the worms.

the truth is that i never told them i was perfect. i apologized to them for the garbage not being promptly taken out...but i was in the hospital in labor. yeah i was being taken to the hospital for bleeding but i had the garbage outside and was terrified that they would fine me for having it out there so i was attempting to take it to the garbage first. they didnt ask questions just bitched. the thing is that i rarely do anything wrong, but when i do they are all in my face. so many people around here are doing drugs, or have bug infested homes, but my worst problem is a cat made a home on my porch and im busted. i know i should move out, but the truth is that i have a good school here and think she is the problem. what to do? can i get her for harassing me????? and please be gentle with comments im a single mom just trying to fight for a home for my kids.

thank you

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name