Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

property damage=lawsuit

Posted by me on October 23, 2001 at 18:40:47:

In Reply to: Fixing up the outside of Tompkins Projects posted by jennifeer C. Molina on October 22, 2001 at 22:53:28:

I agree with the previous person in one sense--you should NOT NOT NOT post personal info on this board!!!! However, everything else he says is wrong.
Whether you have permission to install the dish or not is irrelevent. If someone damaged your dish, they should pay for it. Sue the people responsible. Do NOT tell the super or building management. No need for that.
Whoever damaged the dish should pay for a new one AND installation. Have the work done then sue with paid bills.

: I have a satelite system installed on my window and the construction guys break my satelite dish completely. Can I make the office managment pay for it or should I aproach the company who is actually fixing up the building to pay for this damage?
: Someone told me I'm not supposed to install a dish on the window but there is not a single statement under the lease that says "I can not",
: and I think it will be against people's rigths if you can not even choose the company that will provide you with the cable system; if I can afford it why I can not have it?.
: I live at 77 tompkins Ave. 8L Brooklyn, NY 11206.
: I pay $600.00 p/month I am a single mother of 3 kids and I am trying to provide my kids and myself with the best. I Know projects are not the best, but, It is a step to help you reach it.
: I do not take public assistance or medicaid for my kids or me, I am the provider in my home and I hope this people (whoever it is) pay for what they damage.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name