Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Be responsible, mature.

Posted by Provost on October 24, 2001 at 18:50:45:

In Reply to: how to control the LL with a power trip posted by nancy on October 24, 2001 at 15:39:01:

You must realize that you are in a business relationship with your landlord and managers and not a friendship. While you should strive to be on "friendly" terms with them, you must be professional and level headed at all times.

Perhaps your relationship with the manager would improve if you use common sense and solve problems yourself instead of running to her with all your issues.

The "druggie" neighbor, for instance. If you have seriuos information that he is dealing drugs or making threats (as opposed to a mere dislike of him based on clothing, appearance, etc), go directly to the police. Your LL has a lease with the neighbor that he must honor - but the police are empowered to enforce the law, and believe me with drugs, the law will be enforced.

A stray cat attacked your son? I don't see how this is the LL's problem. And for that matter I've never heard of an a attack cat (maybe he's half mountain lion.) Stray cats roam outdoors everywhere. If you think your area has an abundance of them, contact the county animal control agency or an animal shelter. Another problem you should resolve yourself.

The other personal issues you mention (number of kids you have, marital status) are all IRRELEVANT. Once again, the LL and the manager are running a business ... they cannot be your Mommy and Daddy.

Please re-read this post until it sinks in. You alone are responsible for your and your family's well-being. If you've received 30 day notice already you're already outta there. Hope you're busy looking for something new, and I hope you take a more mature outlook on things in the future.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name