Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

R U in New York City? Call DHCR

Posted by Ace on October 25, 2001 at 17:21:16:

In Reply to: Fleas, Bees, and Sleeze posted by Nick on October 25, 2001 at 13:49:41:

: 1)I keep finding bees/wasps in my apartment(live and dead). The building is old and there are small holes in the walls and ceiling. I think there may be a hive attached to the building and they are finding there way in, even though I've had the windows closed.

: In addition, my parents apartment (same building) has fleas, even though they have no pets. They have had this problem since they first moved in during late summer 2000. The fleas weren't around the following winter, but recently started showing up this summer.
: My Super thinks it's from MY dogs, but they don't have any fleas, nor does my apartment. The previous tenant of my parent's apartment had multiple cats and I have heard that fleas can remain dormant in a house for a couple of years. The exterminator used to come every month, but stopped because the slumlord wouldn't pay for it anymore.

: Do I have a legal right to an exterminator's service?

: 2)The front door of the 16 unit building is always broken and the intercom is inaudible, isn't this unsafe? It takes an average of about 1 week to fix on each occasion.

: 3)How do I get an inspection done of the premises for code violations?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name