Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I think you mean Rent Stabalized

Posted by James on November 01, 2001 at 03:39:36:

In Reply to: How to get rent control apartment posted by Charlotte on October 30, 2001 at 13:58:15:

Let me see if I can be helpful.

You can still get a 'rent-stabalized' apartment not a 'rent controlled' one. Go to neighborhoods in Manhattan like Chinatown, DUMBo, Lower East Side, Harlem, and look at older rundown tenement style building. In the vestibule of each building you will find the super's name and telephone number. Call and if best buzz to see him/her and ask if there are any apartments available. Eventually you will hit a sympathetic super and they will help. It requires a lot of leg work and you have to check back periodically, but has really good results.

Good Luck


Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name