Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

30 Day Notice and Legal Rights for Eviction

Posted by Anonymous on November 02, 2001 at 15:54:38:

Have been very good tenant for 3.5 yrs and only in last two weeks had trouble with Landlord (private house). Landlord is slightly (actually VERY) paranoid individual and on occasion uses substance to calm nerves and ease back pain. The paranoid / intigating behaviour of landlord has caused landlord several arguements with neighbors and strangers. Recently, the paranoid behaviour has caused landlord to NOW attack me the tenant. Example of paranoia is "someone is coming into my house and leaving me signals -- while I am at home". Bottom line is that the world is out to get landlord.

To make long story short...the comfort zone of landlord has significantly decreased to now include me as the landlords ENEMY. I have seen him hiding in bushes, swear by signs left in the attack that someone is coming into his house, and such. The spouse of the crazed landlord had become a friend of mine. The spouse asked for my help in 'not encouraging the paranoid behaviour' and letting the crazed landlord know that they were acting strange. I complied...and now the crazed landlord has turned against me and is now accusing me of being the ghost "ENEMY".

Is harrassing me, attempting to argue about anything and everything, accusing me of cutting holes in ceiling and crawling into attic and "leaving him signs".

I have basically distanced myself from both spouse (was friend) and crazed landlord -- stating that "we must remain tenant / landlord...i follow the rules, pay my rent, and all is well".

I have also logged onto tenant.net for advice.

As we speak the crazed landlord is in an intentionally harrassing manner "hosing down" the outside of my apartment.

Today, I filled a police harrassment report (landlord is not aware as of yet).

I want to leave here (as I am sure that is the intention of my landlords behaviour), but am not financially able at present.

Can someone please explain to me my rights...to feel safe in my apartment (and keep him away from me and my potted plants outside -- tension breaker -- but he is destroying them...knocking them over and pulling them out).

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name